Copyright Dr. L.
Kip Wheeler 1998-2017. Permission is granted for non-profit,
educational, and student reproduction. Last updated January 5, 2017. Contact: email@example.com Please
e-mail corrections, suggestions, or comments to help me improve this
site. Click here
for credits, thanks,
and additional copyright information.
362 Study Questions: Marie De France,
beast fable, allegory
Identification: The Wolf, the Lamb, the
- "The Wolf and the Lamb"
- What does the Wolf complain about regarding the water?
- Examining the diction of the Lamb's speech and the Wolf's
dialogue, how is Marie de France characterizing each speaker?
- What happens to the Lamb at the end of the parable of
the "The Wolf and the Lamb."
- "The Wolf and the Sow"
- The Wolf happens to find the Sow engaged in a "task"
and wants the sow to hurry up. What is that "task"?
- How does the Sow get rid of the Wolf so she can bear
her piglets safely?
- What moral does the Fable's speaker draw from this
- What does the speaker value most--moral principles
of honesty or the lives of the innocent?